Real Estate Transactions
The Waterstone Real Estate practice group has a wealth of experience and expertise in handling a wide array of real estate transactions, from the very basic home purchase to complex inter-jurisdictional transactions.
Whatever your real estate matter, our lawyers work to provide practical, common sense advice to help you achieve your goals.
Since many real estate transactions involve complex corporate or tax strategies, our Real Estate Group works closely with other practice groups within our firm, as well as with other professionals, to ensure that your best interests are taken care of. We provide the comprehensive assistance required to guide you through the complex stages of all types of real estate transactions in today’s competitive and demanding business market.
As a leading firm in the Fraser Valley, we have had the pleasure of working with our clients on a wide variety of transactions throughout British Columbia and Canada, including:
- representing a developer in a proposed $1 Billion development in Surrey, BC
- representing a general partnership in the development and sale of commercial and residential properties
- representing a developer in a residential development on First Nations Land
- representing a municipality in the acquisition of lands for a major facility development
- representing the owner and developer of a resort property in BC with respect to the acquisition of the resort and the establishment of a new integrated resort community, including formulating design development controls, obtaining water rights, subdivision and development of properties and related zoning issues
- leasing of commercial office buildings, shopping centers and retail premises on behalf of landlords and tenants
- representing developers in all aspects of development of residential subdivisions, including zoning approvals, development cost charges, public hearings, disclosure statements and marketing programs
- the development of condominium properties, including phased developments, air space developments, bare land strata projects and mixed use commercial, retail and residential projects
- joint ventures, limited partnerships and other structures for significant real estate developments
- representing major banks and financial institutions in complex financing and real estate transactions
- representing large and small scale construction companies and engineering firms
- representing numerous families and individuals in the purchase, sale and/or refinance of family homes and recreational property