Senior Conveyancer (Chilliwack)
Waterstone Law Group has an opening for a full time intermediate to senior level paralegal/legal assistant for our CHILLIWACK location. The successful candidate will form an integral part of our real estate team, critical to the success of both our firm and our clients.
Well established Fraser Valley law firm is currently seeking a full time intermediate to senior level paralegal/legal assistant to become an integral part of our real estate team, critical to the success of both our firm and our clients.
This role is responsible for handling numerous tasks within the real estate team including:
- Administering residential sale, purchase, mortgage files, handling all tasks from initial file opening through to final reporting and file closing;
- Administering First Nations real estate transactions;
- Communicating, both through direct phone and email correspondence, with vendors, purchasers, financial institutions, clients, legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers, brokers and others;
- Liaising internally with colleagues on file allocation and file progress;
- Training/encouraging new or learning colleagues in an efficient and encouraging manner;
- Completing any other administrative duties as required.
- Graduate of a recognized LAA or Paralegal program;
- Five or more years of related legal assistant or paralegal experience covering all aspects of residential real estate transactions. Experience with First Nations land transactions would be a definite asset;
- Strong document production skills and a solid proficiency in standard industry related applications including MS Word/Excel, Outlook, BC Online, MyLTSA and eConvey;
- Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality or attention to detail;
- Ability to independently administer a file from beginning to end;
- A team player capable of working independently and taking initiative;
- Excellent communication, administration and organizational skills;
- A high level of professionalism;
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, along with a team-oriented atmosphere and positive working environment. Ongoing training and development is both encouraged and supported. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and current reference letters to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.