Litigation Legal Assistant (Chilliwack)
Waterstone Law Group LLP has an immediate opening for legal assistant to join the team in our Chilliwack office.
This is a full-time position, although part-time will be considered, working alongside a litigator in the areas of personal injury, family litigation and estate litigation. This position is responsible for all aspects of managing a legal practice, including but not limited to:
- Managing BF system
- Scheduling client meetings
- Scheduling court and examination dates
- Regularly interacting with clients and opposing counsel
- Handling incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Drafting of correspondence and pleadings
- Posting file related disbursements
- Processing of regular client billing and associated transactions
- Assisting with backup reception coverage as required
This position requires an individual with superior organizational and time management skills and strong verbal and written communications abilities. This person must be outgoing, punctual, professional and reliable; someone who thrives in a busy environment with a varied workday. A minimum of 3 years of related LAA experience and the completion of a recognized legal assistant program is also needed. Experience with wills and estate administration would be advantageous.
We offer a full benefit package, annual fitness club allowance, guidance from senior colleagues, ongoing professional training and a great working environment.
To pursue this opportunity, please submit your resume, along with cover letter and current reference letters, to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.